Lemon adds top notes that round out the richness of the broth and sour cream for a deeply satisfying version of mashed potatoes.
2/3 cup low-sodium canned chicken stock
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup freshly chopped herbs (thyme, chives, sage or parsley)
2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
2 packets TrueLemon
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them in half. Place them in a pot and cover with cold water.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork, about 30 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Drain.
3. Bring the stock to a boil, and turn down to a simmer.
4. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or fork, or use a food mill.
5. Slowly add the stock until the desired consistency is reached. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
6. Fold in the sour cream, herbs and True Lemon.
Recipe submitted by: Meredith Leonard